Now let’s see, New Year’s Resolutions… from 2010-2011 A recap. Let's see how I did.
1. To eat less fat: I have to say, I think I've done ok on this one. Not as good as I would like, but I think I've done well. My weight has stayed pretty much even since last year, though I would like to see myself doing better on this for the coming year.
2. To climb, dance, love, give and write more: Well, I think I've climbed more, and danced more this year. I love my husband even more each day, so that one's covered. Giving more... Not sure what I meant by that one, so who knows. Write more... Perhaps I'll do better this year.
3. To finish my play: Epic Fail. Play remains unfinished. I may try and find someone who wants to work with me to finish it, or perhaps take a playwriting course sometime this year, but no promises.
4. To say NO in order to say YES: I think I've done this. I'm much better at turning things down that I would "like" to do, but that I know I won't do.
5. To be more direct: I know I'm doing better at this all the time, but it's one that I think I'll always need to work on. I'm a "people pleaser". But at least I'm aware of it.
6. To go to Yoga and find my balance: Well, I went to one class at the University, but I didn't like the teacher. I did buy a livingsocial deal for Yoga classes that I plan on starting once I finish the play I'm in, so that's a step in the right direction. As for finding my balance, well, as I said in a previous post I think that may be a never ending process.
7. To age gracefully: I think I'm doing ok on this one. I'm older, I'm growing, and I want to age and be responsible and mature, but not to loose the little child inside of me.
8. To drink more water: Sometimes I win, and sometimes I lose. Overall, I think I'm doing well at drinking more water.
And now, on to figuring out what this year's resolutions are... I think some will stay the same, and I will add some new ones.
1. To eat less fat and be more active (especially in the winter)
2. To write more3. To be more direct
4. To go to Yoga and continuously find my balance
5. To drink more water
6. To take a painting class once more
7. To finish what I start, but know when to quit
8. To accept the huge changes that are about to come
9. To keep in touch with family better
10. To be more open
To new beginnings. "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it."